Sunday, March 12, 2006

Jaz made me do it

The last post managed to generate THREE replies, which is a record for the Lone Banana.

The first was from Jaz, who I named in the post. I should clarify that I wasn't picking on Jaz when I singled her out for saying she was often too tired to read a post that didn't grab her immediately. Although it was funny that in her reply she should say the mention of her name in the third paragraph was enough to get her attention. (I should use name-dropping more often). Anyway, for the record let it be known, Jaz Is A Lovely Lady. She brought this up:

"actually my thing about blogs is.. is there a point if no one reads it?"

My buddy Meng followed that up with

"does a tree falling in an empty forest make a sound?"

The general consensus was that each writer needs to create their own goals for their blog, just like any other creation. Oh, and that photoblogs are better. But I am Poor, and cannot afford a digital camera.

In other news, JESSICA ALBA still stalks the screens with Latina good looks and B-grade acting talent. (Can you feel the name-drop hit the floor like a dope beat from Timbaland?)

JESSICA!!!

Does a name-drop in empty cyberspace make a sound?

2 comments:

jz said...

the name drop worked again, hook line and sinker. so here i am.

fully agree with your buddy mung in his last comment. writing has its different purposes and for some writing can be quite therapeutic, clarifies thoughts, etc.

and blogs can do all that. what interests me is that blogs are published, accessible to anyone at anytime, its all out there as opposed to secret diaries (which are usually that, secret)

by all means blog away but if no one reads it, then you may as well just write your thoughts on word or on paper. altho with blogs you can make fancy looking designs...

btw whats this lovely lady business? did I sound like a nutter? coz perhaps thats where the attraction of blogs lie, it can be a "secret" diary coz the reader may have absolutely no idea who you really are, whats true/false.. they only know what you reveal.

J said...

yes.. any blog is worth it's merit if it mentions jess alba...
Sadie-the-cleaning-lady