Monday, December 29, 2008

Lazarus leaving

About to leave Australia for the first time in ten years.

I think I'm nervous. I've had irritable bowel for the last three days. Travel is not one of those things that I'm usually taken to - I prefer to exit my own comfort zone through uncomfortable introspection or moderate social embarrassment on home soil, but I'm looking at this as a chance to expand my horizons.

Have been doing push-ups in a vain (read: unsuccessful) attempt to appear more menacing should there be some kind of physical confrontation I need to fight my way out of.

Very much the travel virgin, and the big wide world might eat me up. See you on the other side.

Have a happy new year!

2 comments:

wim said...

how are your bowels going now? thats what we want to hear. tell us more about your bowels!

Tanny said...

Hey... just trawling through my old blog and came across yours. Can you believe that it's been that long since you said that? And you've been everywhere around the world since...