Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Closing out the year

*edit*:

1) When I say "old" in the next paragraph, I mean - "longtime", not "aged" or "geriatric" or "crusty"
2) Said "longtime" friend is Fiona SNARE nee Wong - my apologies for naming the sound file incorrectly (old habits die hard!)


Tomorrow I'll find out if I really close out the year on a win (this will mean something to some, and nothing to others), but I received a beautiful gift from an old friend when I got some people together today to jam in my garage.

Just listen:

Fi and Dave - All my life (K-Ci and Jojo cover).


Fi thinks K-Ci and Jojo sound wishy-washy on the original track (blasphemy! "All my life" was one of the defining songs of my San Francisco trip in year 10); I forgave her totally after we recorded this.

Happy new year to you all. I hope 2007 brings much love and no more squalor than is necessary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have several comments:

1. Win, Dave, win!

2. *ahem* surely I'm not that old, I think I'm less than a year older than you! LOL

3. It's SNARE not Wong (but seeing as it's almost 2007 I think I can forgive you for that just to start the new year off on the right foot)

4. Thanks for posting that so quickly! I've emailed the link to my friend Keira... she's the girl who's wedding the song was for

5. To anyone else out there, my friends and I are hoping to start a band to sing/play live music at parties, receptions and other functions - do you think I can convince Dave to leave medicine and enter into a part-time career as a muso? (it should only need to be part-time cos hopefully it will pay that well LOL)

okay i think this "comment" is long enough!

Anonymous said...

Dave, you're good. Real good. ;-)

Anonymous said...

=)

Fiona said...

hm... why did my two comments come up as "anonymous"?
Must be some funny blogger bugg.
--fi